Pair with Reds
Pistachio Crusted Lamb
- 2 racks lamb, (ask your butcher to clean and french them)
- 1 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- ½ tsp chopped rosemary
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels.
- Wrap exposed bones in foil to keep them from browning in the oven.
- Stir together pistachios, breadcrumb, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Stir in melted butter.
- press mixture onto lamb racks and place bone side down on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast lamb in 400°F (200°C) oven until thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 135°F (58°C), about 30 minutes.
- Tent lamb rack with foil and let rest 10 minutes before cutting the lamb between the bones and serving with roasted potatoes and sautéed greens, such as swiss chard or black kale.
- Serves 4-6.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device