Pair with Reds
- 1 piece of pork loin on the bone (2lbs)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- Rock Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup of Ruffino Lumina Pinot Grigio
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg of fine peas
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Separating the pork bone on the side of the rib.
- Between the bones insert slices of bacon, some thin lemon slices, the orange slices, coarse salt, pepper in grains and a sprig of sage and rosemary.
- Use kitchen twine to tie the meat with the bone and then make holes in the center of the meat and insert the garlic slices, peppercorns and salt crystals.
- Put the pork in a pan with olive oil and begin to cook, first on high heat to tighten all the meat (so as not to release the juices), then deglaze with wine.
- Once browned on all sides reduce heat and cook for 40 minutes, basting if necessary with light vegetable broth.
- Put the peas in a saucepan with a clove of garlic, a sprig of rosemary, a tablespoon of sugar and salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cook on low heat for about twenty minutes, adding water as needed.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device