Pair with Reds
Pizza With Peaches & Prosciutto
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp quick-rising instant dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- ¼ cup pesto
- 8oz fior di latte or fresh mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4oz sliced prosciutto
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup toasted, roughly chopped hazelnuts
- Pizza Dough: In a bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt.
- With wooden spoon, gradually stir in water and oil, using hands if necessary, until ragged dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead for about 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding more flour 1 tbsp at a time, if necessary.
- Dough should be soft and supple, not dry.
- Place in large greased bowl, turning to grease all over.
- Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- In bowl, combine 2 tbsp of the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add peaches and toss to coat.
- Reserving any vinegar mixture, place peaches on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning and brushing occasionally with vinegar mixture, until browned and tender, about 6 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface, stretch dough to about 16x12inch rectangle, using rolling pin if necessary.
- Brush with remaining oil.
- Place oiled side down, on grill; cook, uncovered, until bubbles form on top and bottom is grill marked, about 3 minutes.
- With tongs, turn; close lid and grill just until no longer doughy underneath, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to baking sheet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Brush grill marked side of pizza with pesto and top with grilled peaches and fior di latte.
- Transfer to grill; grill, covered, until cheese is melted and bubbly and underside is browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to large cutting board.
- Top with sliced prosciutto, arugula and hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately drizzled with olive oil.
- Serves 8.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device