Pair with Whites
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 lb penne
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 scallions, sliced, whites and greens
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest of one lemon
- Toasted pine nuts
- Rehydrate raisins in water; drain off any remaining water.
- Cook penne according to package instructions, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until nearly done.
- Add scallions, spinach, broth, raisins, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until scallions are crisp-tender.
- Toss in pasta, cheese, and lemon zest, adding some pasta cooking water if needed.
- Serve and garnish with additional cheese and pine nuts.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device