Pair with Whites
Fresh Pea Bruschetta
- 2 cups fresh peas, shelled
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp garlic scapes, chopped
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Toasted pistachios, chopped
- 1 loaf crusty white bread, sliced
- In a saucepan, cook peas in water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients, except bread and pistachios.
- Pulse until blended and spreadable, but still chunky.
- Add water if necessary.
- Toast bread until lightly toasted.
- Spread pea mixture onto toasted bread slices.
- Drizzle with more olive oil and garnish with pistachios.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device