Pair with Reds
Cacio E Pepe
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 lb Bucatini or spaghetti
- 2 cups very finely grated Pecorino Romano (done with rasp so it combines well into sauce)
- Heat the olive oil with black pepper in large skillet over medium-low heat until ingredients are fragrant and pepper is barely starting to sizzle, about 1 minute.
- Set aside.
- Place bucatini in another large deep skillet and cover with water and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent bucatini from clumping.
- Cook until pasta is al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the skillet with oil/pepper mixture.
- Using tongs, lift spaghetti and transfer it to the oil mixture Add the Pecorino to the skillet and stir with a fork until cheese is completely melted.
- Add more pasta water to the skillet to adjust consistency if necessary, reheating as necessary until the sauce is creamy and coats the pasta.
- Season to taste with salt and more black pepper.
- Serve immediately with extra grated Pecorino.
- Serves 6.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device